Reports To: Feed Department Manager
Summary: The Feed Delivery Driver delivers bulk and bagged feed and related products in a timely and cost-efficient manner. Responsible for assigned routine maintenance in the mill and warehouse. Communicates with patrons and employees in a manner that will create support and loyalty for Farmward Cooperative.
Major Areas of Accountability:
Mill Operations & Maintenance
- Maintain all mill equipment and warehouse facilities according to assigned schedule.
- Assists the Feed Department Manager and/or the Control Panel Operator as needed.
- Complies with OSHA, state and federal safety regulations.
- Complies with company safety program.
- Delivers feed and related products in a timely and cost efficient manner.
- Offers input to the Feed Department Manager, an efficient route system to serve customers at the lowest possible cost per mile of delivered product.
- Develops and maintains an organized and efficient loading/unloading system.
- Inspects feed as it is loaded and unloaded.
- Assures that feed truck tanks are cleaned out before loading.
- Works with the Control Panel Operator to insure safe and efficient loading sequences.
- Verifies that all items listed on the work order of sales ticket are loaded and delivered,
- Submits accurate Bulk Feed Delivery Records daily to the Control Panel Operator.
Sales and Service
- Sells and promotes feed and related products.
- Informs Feed Department Manager/Feed Sales Manager of sales opportunities.
- Unloads feed or related products according to customer instructions.
- Promptly reports any customer complaints to the Feed Department Manager.
- Provides customers with accurate sales tickets and collects payment if required.
- Makes after hour deliveries as needed.
- Assists in any other areas of feed distribution as requested.
- Participates in departmental meetings as requested by the Feed Department Manager.
Maintenance and Safety
- Responsible for maintaining vehicle according to Feed Department schedules.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and appearance of assigned vehicle.
- Reports promptly any needed parts or repairs to keep expenses to lowest possible cost.
- Reports any unsafe conditions to the Feed Department Manager.
- Operates vehicle in a safe manner and in compliance with all OSHA and other state and federal regulations.
- Complies with company safety program.
- Assists in resolving customer complaints quickly and fairly in accordance with company policies. Refers unusual situations to Feed Department Manager.
- Maintains required logs, daily truck inspections and other required documentation.
- Attends appropriate training sessions as part of programs of continuing education.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate required.
- Truck driving school graduate a plus
- Experience may be substituted for education
- Mechanical aptitude desirable
- Ag background a plus
- Good people skills necessary
- Must be in good physical condition capable of lifting, carrying and pushing weights up to 100 pounds and have full use of both arms and legs and both hands.
- Must be able to climb stairs, reach above, below and at shoulder level, work on moving machinery, and work at unprotected heights with dust, fumes or gas and in temperature extremes both inside and outside.
- Be able to drive vehicles with manual and automatic transmissions.
- Must have a valid commercial driver’s license with hazard, tanker and other DOT endorsements.
- Pre-employment and random drug testing required.
- Must attend all training sessions required by law.
- Ag Background a plus.
- Good math skills. Understanding of accounting practices a plus.
- Current driver’s license.
- Must be able to maintain driving record that will meet our insurance carrier’s requirements.
Safety and Hazards:
- Know and follow all Safety policies and procedures and regulations.
- Take a proactive approach to eliminating any safety hazards in the workplace by alerting the Safety Director.
- Awareness of hazardous materials and MSDS Locations.
This job description is not intended to limit the responsibilities on an employee assigned to this position to those duties listed above. The employee is expected to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by the immediate supervisor or company management. The level of involvement may vary based on company and individual capabilities.
Effective Date: December 2019