• 1 package (16 ounces) refrigerated (ready to bake) chocolate-chip cookie dough*
• 1 package (4.7 ounces) turtles candies (Any turtle candy will work)
• 1/2 cup milk, dark, or semi-sweet chocolate chips
• Optional: 1/4 teaspoon shortening
1. Preheat the oven according to cookie package directions. Bake cookies on parchment-lined baking sheets according to package directions.
2. Remove from the oven and let cool for 2 minutes and then press a turtle candy into the center of each cookie. Let cool 3 minutes and then remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. (Cool completely, about 30 minutes.)
3. Once cooled, place the chocolate chips (and shortening if desired; makes it a little easier to drizzle) in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in bursts of 15 seconds, stirring in between each burst for 10 seconds until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
4. Spoon the melted chocolate in a drizzle over each cookie.
5. Allow to set up at room temperature.
6. Best enjoyed within 2-3 days.
*Not a fan of store-bought cookies? You can use a homemade cookie dough recipe.